Check the visa status online
You can check the visa status online in Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah, and Fujairah by visiting the federal authority for identity and citizenship website:
smartservices.ica.gov.ae (The eChannel for residency and citizenship).
After visiting the federal authority for identity and citizenship, you must follow the following steps:
- Search by file number or document/passport information.
- If querying by file number, fill in the following fields:
- Choose whether to ask for an entry permit or a residence permit.
- Move to file type box.
- Choose from three search options:
- UID number, file number, or ID number.
- Then enter the ID number, date of birth.
- In case of enquiry through passport, you need to fill in the following fields:
- Choose whether to check for an entry permit or a residence permit.
- Enter the passport number or document.
- Expiration date of the travel document, then nationality.
- As for the residence visa in Dubai, you can check visa status online (electronically) through:
- Download the application of the General Directorate of residency and Foreigners Affairs website; through it you can inquire about everything related to the visa as well as many other services.
- Amer website – General Directorate of residency and Foreigners Affairs in Dubai: amer.gdrfad.gov.ae
- After entering the website of the General Directorate of residency and Foreigners Affairs in Dubai, you must follow the following steps:
- Access the transaction query page.
- Choose the required service whether it is to check visa status, residency, electronic form request, and other services.
- Enter the file number Enter the required visa number.
- Enter the first name in English.
- Choose the nationality, and enter the date of birth.