E-commerce license in Abu Dhabi
E-commerce license in Abu Dhabi | The Abu Dhabi Department of economic development (ADDED) is the official body that receives applications for e-commerce licenses for businessmen to conduct their business and projects online, whether by adding the license to their existing licenses, or obtaining a new license to conduct their business through websites and social networks; it should be noted here that the issuance of e-commerce licenses in the UAE fully requires the approval and certification of the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA), which is the body responsible for regulating the framework of e-commerce and digital certification of transactions .
These licenses came in line with what has been proven by many economic sources increasing the popularity of electronic shopping operations over traditional trade during the past decades with the increase of transactions between people electronically worldwide and many of them began to start their own business projects via the internet, and the corona pandemic came to revive the market of e – commerce and e – shopping-which has become an inevitable matter of no choice for most consumers-in the Arab world in general, and in the United Arab Emirates in particular; the UAE had the main and leading role in the recovery and prosperity of e-commerce in the entire Middle East .
E-commerce license in Abu Dhabi (Tajer Abu Dhabi):
Initially, the Department of Economic Development (DED) launched Tajer Abu Dhabi license in 2017, which provides the possibility of trading through social media and through all websites; as well as self-employment and home trade, this license was initially limited to UAE nationals only as a support step for traders to establish their business and companies within one hundred economic activities only, without the need to have a headquarters for the business.
In 2018, there have been several substantial updates to e-commerce license in Abu Dhabi (Tajer Abu Dhabi):
The Department of economic development has expanded the scope of the Abu Dhabi license to include GCC nationals and foreign investors who are UAE residents, along with UAE nationals, and has also expanded the scope of commercial activities supported by Tajer license to reach more than 1057 economic activities, without the need to provide a headquarters for the establishment or business activity.
Legal forms of a business supported by Tajer Abu Dhabi license:
- establishment for Emiratis and GCC nationals
- one-person company for Emiratis and GCC nationals
- limited liability company for residents in partnership with Emiratis
Note: Limited Liability Company (LLC) means that the business partner is responsible only for the amount of money invested in the company, while the responsibility to accept the debts of the company all on shareholders.
E-commerce license in Abu Dhabi (Tajer Abu Dhabi) covers the following business areas:
- Business and Construction
- Services and operation
- Productive families
- Sale and Trade Reform
- Transportation and Administration
- Consulting and Design
You can obtain E-commerce license in Abu Dhabi (Tajer Abu Dhabi) by the following steps:
- Create an account on the smart login system: By visiting the website of the Department of economic development : Department of Economic Development (added.gov.ae)
- Choose trade name or automatic name
- Enter the data of companies and investors, provided that all partners have accounts on the smart login system
- Determination of economic activity
- Determine the legal form of the economic establishment by choosing from the three legal forms defined by the Department of economic development
- Payment of Abu Dhabi e-commerce license (Tajer Abu Dhabi) fees related to initial approval
- Pay the prescribed Abu Dhabi e-commerce license (Tajer Abu Dhabi) fees and receive the license
E-commerce license in Abu Dhabi (Tajer Abu Dhabi) fees:
The fees for obtaining Abu Dhabi e-commerce license (Tajer Abu Dhabi) differ according to the type of business activity and start from AED 500 only.
Here is the list of Abu Dhabi e-commerce license (Tajer Abu Dhabi) fees: