E-commerce license in Ras Al khaimah
A leading initiative of the Department of Economic Development (DED) in Ras Al Khaimah in 2018, with the aim of supporting, regulating, and legalizing e-commerce projects and activities managed through websites, social networking sites, and smart applications, under the name of (Virtual Trader license).
As Many economic sources have proven the increase in the popularity of electronic shopping operations and e-commerce over traditional trade during the past decades with the increase in transactions between people electronically over the world and many of them began to start their own business projects through the Internet, and the Corona pandemic came to revive the e-commerce market and e-shopping – which has become It is an imperative in which most consumers have no choice – in the Arab world in general, and in the United Arab Emirates in particular. The UAE played a major and pioneering role in the recovery and prosperity of e-commerce in the entire Middle East.
Steps to register for obtaining e-commerce license in Ras Al khaimah (Virtual Trader):
Visit the Department of Economic Development in Ras Al Khaimah website and fill out the registration form.
Virtual Trader License fees:
Issuance of Virtual Trader license includes booking of the trade name: AED 1,000, renewed annually for AED 800 .if you wish to cancel the license, the required cancellation fees is AED 10 only.
As for the amendment fees, the same applies to ordinary licenses.
Official documents required:
- The approval of the (ICA) is initially required.
- Copy of valid UAEs ID.
- Copy of valid passport.
- A copy of title deed in Ras Al Khaimah.
- If the dwelling is leased, you must provide a copy of the lease agreement, and a letter of no objection from the lessor.
List of activities and businesses supported and covered by (virtual Trader license):
- (food, clothing, textiles, gifts, professional and personal household appliances, vehicles, transportation, equipment, and miscellaneous appliances, all retail)
- Computer design services.
- Design of computer systems and programs.
- Computer systems management and operation services.
- Web design.
- Design and production of social media sites.
- Social media account for people.
- Commercial and real estate brokerage business.
- Consulting and professional work done electronically.
- Activities based on intellectual and/ or individual work and can be practiced electronically.
Conditions and terms regulating the rules of e commerce license in Ras Al Khaimah (Virtual Trader):
- The e-commerce license in Ras Al Khaimah (virtual Trader ) is granted to those aged 18 years and above, provided that the license must be in the name of the business owner and it is not permitted to act as an agency to other parties, whether relatives or foreigners.
- The dwelling house used for commercial activity must be located in the emirate of Ras Al Khaimah and be the property of the owner of the license. In case the dwelling is leased, you must provide a letter (no objection) from the lessor, provided that not more than three licenses per dwelling house.
- One license has only three consistent activities.
- The Virtual Trader License must be the first commercial business of the license holder
- Do not use a registered trademark name as the name of the license business.
- Commitment to fixed working hours
- In case the license holder wants to assign the license to another person, an application must be submitted along with the reasons and justifications to the competent department.
- Maintain the safety of the surrounding environment and do not harm the safety of neighbors.
- The business must be within List of activities and businesses supported and covered by (virtual Trader license.
- Wide storage of goods is not allowed.