All you need to know The federal authority for identity and citizenship 2022
The federal authority for identity and citizenship or formerly known as “Emirates Identity Authority”; it was established on Sha’ban 15, 1425H corresponding to 29 September 2004 ” in accordance with federal law no. (2) for the year 2004, with a view to establishing the population register and the Emirates ID card,” with regard to the population register, it has worked to register the personal and vital data of all residents of the United Arab Emirates and save them in electronic databases in coordination with the competent authorities In addition to issuing the Emirates ID card to all residents in the UAE and keeping their ID number and their data readable and stored on an electronic chip, which makes it easy for them to use in all entities.
Objectives of the federal authority for identity and citizenship:
- Excellence in providing unique and pioneering identity, citizenship, residency and Foreigners Affairs services.
- Ensure the quality and security of Population Registry data.
- Ensure the quality, efficiency, and transparency of Administrative Services.
- Ensure the development of innovation in the work environment within the authority.
The TOR of the Emirates Identity Authority began to develop and expand in 2017 to include some of the functions and roles of the Ministry of interior related to the affairs of Nationality, Passports and the entry and residence of foreigners in the country, according to federal law Decree No. 3 of 2017, which was a major and fundamental Which was a major and fundamental breakthrough in the terms of reference and functions of the authority to change its name to “federal authority for identity and citizenship ( ICA)”.
The TOR of the ICA are determined by the text of the law. Federal Decree-Law No. 2 of 2004 establishing the authority provided that the authority is a federal government entity that enjoys legal personality and has an independent budget and is responsible for the registration of population data and the issuance of identity cards. then came Federal Decree-Law No. 3 of 2017 amending the aforementioned decree-law to expand the roles of the authority by entrusting the authority with all the competencies and powers prescribed to the Ministry of interior related to nationality affairs, passports and the entry and residence of foreigners in the country and contained in the laws, regulations and decisions in force.
We will outline the TOR and powers of the ICA as follows:
- Registering personal data for the whole population in the state and saving the same at the electronic databases in coordination with the competent authorities
- Registering the vital statistic data and connecting the same to the personal data
- Issuing Emirates ID cards consisting of the unified number, readable data and the data saved on the electronic chip to be dealt with before all authorities
- Upgrading data
- Providing individuals’ identity confirmation and identification services before all federal and local government authorities and any other entities in addition to determining the applicable means in this regard in accordance with the executive regulations.
- The right to request the required data and information which may serve the objectives of ICA from the competent authorities in the state.
- Setting the general policy in terms of nationality affairs, passports, entry and residence of foreigners in the state in coordination with the competent federal and local authorities and implementing the same after being approved by the Cabinet
- Proposing draft laws related to nationality affairs, passports, and the entry and residence of foreigners in the state
- Preparing the regulations, rules and procedures governing the affairs of Nationality, Passports and the entry and residence of foreigners in the state and working to issue them in accordance with the law.
- Deciding the applications related to the establishment of the original or dependent nationality, loss or recovery of nationality in accordance with the Nationality and Passports Law and its Executive Regulations.
- Propose the places allocated to enter or exit the state and shall be determined by a decision of the Council of ministers
- Issuing and renewing regular and temporary passports or withdrawing them after giving them in accordance with the nationality and passports law and its executive regulations
- Establish rules governing the procedures and conditions for residents of the state to obtain entry permits for foreigners residing outside the state and submit them to the Council of ministers for issuance
- Deporting and arresting of foreigners and issuance of permits for the deportation of foreigners in accordance with the law.
- Proposing fees related to nationality affairs, passports, entry and residence of foreigners in coordination with local authorities and submit them to the Council of ministers for issuance
- Collect and document data, information and statistics related to Nationality, Passports, entry and residence of foreigners in the UAE.
- Representing the state in Arab, regional and international conferences and meetings whose activity is related to the nature of the work of the authority and following up the implementation of the decisions issued by it in coordination with the competent authorities in the state
- Any other tasks assigned to the authority by the Cabinet.
How to get the services of the ICA:
The ICA provides its services through four accredited channels:
Official website of the authority
Download the smart application of the authority through:
Google Play, Apple stores
Customer Happiness Centers
Certified printing offices
If you wish to file a complaint through the federal authority for identity and citizenship, you can visit the official website:
Communicate with the general manager through the website
Ask Hamad : through the website
The Customer Happiness Centers
Social media: Facebook and Twitter
Via call center: 600522222 (available7/24)
You can see the text of the laws and legislations that the federal authority for identity and citizenship based on through the following list: